We provide an indoor shopping experience for clients to choose their food selections. Food may be selected from those offered, with limits on quantity available per family.

Please contact the Alameda County Community Food Bank for other locations if you are interested to receive food assistance through a drive-through distribution or to have food delivered to your home. They can be reached at 510-635-3663.

It varies depending upon donated items. We provide shelf-stable foods and fresh seasonal produce (fruits and vegetables). Some additional items that may be available are breads, shelf-stable milk, meat, eggs, baking items and snacks.

You must live in our service community which includes: the unincorporated areas of San Lorenzo, Ashland, Cherryland, Hayward Acres, San Leandro ( 94578 or 94579) or in North Hayward (94541 or 94545 north of Highway 92).

You must have and bring a government ID (from in the United States or outside the U.S.) AND a document that shows your current address. We accept documents like one of these, can be paper or electronic:

  • utility bills 
  • medical letters or bills 
  • bank statements 
  • automobile registration

Only one member per household can sign up as the primary account holder. Additional members of the household can be added to the primary account to pick up the food. A family is described as all people who live within a household.

No. We do not put everything out at the beginning of our distribution and reserve limited foods for the later part of our distribution. This reduces the need to line up prior to opening. Additionally, our daily deliveries are not processed for distribution prior to opening and these items are not available until later in the morning.

Sometimes we do hand out these types of items, when they are donated to us in large amounts. But we don’t stock or purchase these items due to limited space.

We are a private nonprofit set up to provide food assistance to reduce hunger within our community. We are supported by local residents, churches and businesses.